This has been dubbed the Golden Goddess soup because you will feel super human post meal. There are so many vitamins and nutrients swimming around in there you will give your immune system the boost of a lifetime.
There is a little prep work here with the chopping of your leeks, peppers and butternut squash. You could also buy the squash pre cut. I personally am not a fan of that but you do you. Once you get the prep work out of the way, it smooth and easy sailing. Make sure you adjust the cayenne pepper accordingly .. it’s very spicy. Always taste your soup and adjust the salt and pepper to your palate.
I enjoyed mine with a little shaved cheese on top and a grilled cheese on the side. Make sure you scrunch some freshly ground pepper on top.
Chunky Butternut Squash and Corn Soup
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 8 cups cubed butternut squash
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1.25 cups frozen corn
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat your oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until tender – about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant – 30 seconds. Next add in the bell peppers to the pot and cook for 7 minutes, until tender.
- Add in the butternut squash, broth, corn , bay leaves, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. TASTE and season accordingly.
- To serve, remove bay leaves.