Creamy Shrimp Pasta With Corn (One Pan)
The Spicy Shrimp and Creamy Rice was so well received, I decided to recreate it with pasta. SO freakin velvety smooth, tasty and hearty. If you’re a fan of the rice dish, you will definitely LOVE this one. Any pasta will work with this recipe, however, I definitely recommend a fettuccine, linguine or medium sized pasta, like bow ties or cavatappi.
Everything comes together so quickly with this one-pan recipe. First we season and oil the shrimp as spicy as we like it. Followed by a quick cook up for a couple of minutes. Immediately remove them from the pan and then set aside and keep warm.
Now you can sauté the shallot and garlic. Then your your milk, broth and pasta. Don’t forget to season the pasta portion with salt and pepper to taste. You want to stay on top of the pasta and stir occasionally, it will stick.
The Sweet corn:
I used fresh sweet corn, but you can use frozen or canned sweet corn if you like. If you use the fresh corn on the cob, you can grill it or boil it. I boiled mine in salted water, for 6 minutes. I did not butter it afterwards, but feel free to do so. Then just grab a sharp knife and shave the kernels off of the ears.
If all of the liquid has evaporated and the pasta still hasn’t cooked, you can add a little more broth and milk to the pot until it’s done. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, you can now stir in the grated parmesan cheese and heavy cream for one minute to heat it through. Remove the pan from your heat source and mix in the corn.
Plate your pasta and top with the shrimp or just mix them in with the pasta. I like to garnish this dish with fresh chives or fresh chopped parsley and fresh cracked black pepper. You can also add a little more grated parmesan if you like.
Thank you for swinging by and supporting Hungry Happens! If you make this dish (or any other), we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate it. Cheers and happy eating!
Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Corn (One Pan)
- 1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 ears corn, (or 2 cups frozen + thawed)
- 1 shallot, fine chop
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (optional)
- fresh chives or parsley (for garnish)
- Grill or boil your corn (for 6-7 minutes in salted water). Shave off the kernels from the stalks with a sharp knife. Reserve for later.
- Coat the shrimp in your olive oil and seasonings. Heat a large deep skillet on medium high and cook your shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove them from the pan promptly and cover to keep warm.
- To the same pan, melt the butter. Sauté your shallot for a minute or two and then the garlic for 30 seconds. Add in the milk, broth and pasta and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer cook your pasta until cooked al dente. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally and stay on top of it; it can and will stick.
- Once pasta is cooked, stir in your grated parmesan and heavy cream for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the burner and mix in your corn. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Plate your pasta and top with shrimp, chives garnish and more grated cheese (if you like).