Easy Parmesan Mushrooms
Literally the yummiest and simplest side dish you will make.
I tested this recipe and they flew off the plate in seconds. I made them again and the same thing happened. If you’re looking for a new mushroom recipe you just struck gold.
Please note, I placed the mushrooms directly onto the pan without parchment paper. The did stick but I used a metal spatula to get them up. I then made them with parchment paper and they came out just as delicious but a little soggy. I prefer the non-parchment version.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Parmesan Mushrooms
- 20 oz large white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, chili flakes, Italian herb blend seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Optional Dip: Lazy Tzatziki
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Peel the skin off of your mushroom caps. Halve them down the middle.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine the olive oil, parmesan and spices. Add the mushroom halves to the bowl and mix to coat. If they seem a lilttle dry, add a little more olive oil and mix.
- Dip the cut side into the freshly grated parmesan and place them cut side down onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Time varies with size of mushrooms. Top with more chili flakes and freshly grated parm and serve.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 1mg
how much in a serving?
Cut side down 👇🏽
Delish! What dipping sauce did you serve with in your video? For sure, roast cut side down and watch them closely! (I burned my first batch🔥). It was easy to scrape them off the baking sheet with a metal spatula… no parchment paper needed!
Thanks for a quick & delish appetizer recipe!
what’s tge recipe for the dip that I see?
Hi Letitia, I served with my Lazy Tzatziki sauce… link below:
Hi, can you further explain step #3 – step #4? In step#3 you mix the 1/4 cup grated parm with the mushrooms and in step #4 you spread the 3/4 cup freshly grated parm and dip the cut side down into that, correct?
Love this appetizer option…….trying for sure
Hi Tony, They are pretty awesome! enjoy!
What is the sauce you are serving these with?
Hi Clarissa, served with my Lazy Tzatziki…
Have modified it a bit to be more spicy. Liked it pretty much
Thanks for trying out the recipe!
Made these mushrooms and they were delish. The trick is the 425 degree bake. I have made mushroonms several different ways. This is very different. Great to snack on. Texture is crispy and red pepper flakes give it a nice kick. Great recipe.
Why is it necessary to peel the skin off the cap? Thank you.
Hi Jimmy, its not necessary at all. I like to peel instead of wiping clean with a damp towel. I feel like it truly removes all that dirt.
I made these mushrooms this week and they were delicious. I went a little overboard with the olive oil (I know better for next time), but they still tasted amazing!
Thanks for the great recipe!
Hi Amanda, glad you liked the mushrooms! I won’t make them any other way again!
I might add Panko to this dish somehow…either mix with parm. or sprinkle on top and spray with olive oil. Kind of a deconstructed stuffed mushroom dish.