If you have a piece of salmon leftover sitting in your fridge you might want to try these yummy little packages. They are SO easy to throw together and you probably have all the ingredients on hand, right now. Also, they are super reminiscent of crab cakes.
The salmon is the major player in this recipe. You can use fresh cooked salmon and let it come to room temperature (this is for it to harden up a bit). Canned salmon may also be used in this recipe for a quick, less than 20 minute appetizer.
The rest of the ingredients are pretty much identical to my Best Crab Cakes recipe and taste just as good. For the dipping sauce I just whipped together a little Greek yogurt, a drop or two of olive oil, dill, chives and salt to taste.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate and review it. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Salmon Croquettes
- .80 lbs salmon
- olive oil
- onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 green bell pepper, fine chop
- 1/2 red bell pepper, fine chop
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your air fryer (or oven) to 400°F. Line the bottom rack/tray with aluminum foil. Brush the salmon piece with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder to taste. Place in the air fryer and cook for about 8 minutes or until internal temperature reads 145°F. Times will vary since they depend on the size of the fish piece.
- Once done, allow the salmon to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the panko and flour until incorporated.
- Remove any skin from the bottom of the salmon piece and break up the fish into the bowl. Add in the mayo, bell peppers, egg, Worcestershire, hot sauce, seasonings and parsley. Mix everything together.
- Form your small patties and place them on wax paper.
- Heat a nice drizzle of oil on medium high in a large skillet and cook the croquettes for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Lower the heat if they start to burn too quickly.
- Serve with some lemon or lime wedges and quick dip of Greek yogurt mixed with olive oil, fresh dill, chives and salt.