So simple to throw together is this wrapped scallop and shrimp appetizer. And the result will win over every crowd.
You can do all shrimp or all scallops depending on what you have on hand. I love them both with a definite leniency toward scallops. Make sure you pat all your seafood dry
The trick to this recipe is par-baking the bacon for 15 minutes. It comes out half cooked and will finish off with the seafood. If you don’t do this, the seafood pieces will be done fast and you bacon will be undercooked.
I love the sweet and spicy sauce to glaze the seafood with, it really adds that extra flavor and takes them to the next level.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens. If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would be so grateful if you left a comment and rated the dish. Love your life!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Scallops
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 12 strips bacon, cut in half
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs chili powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Deshell, devein your shrimp and leave the tails on. Pat them dry with a paper towel. Season mildly with salt.
- Place bacon on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until them just begin to get crispy. Remove to paper towel lined platter.
- Wrap your seafood with the bacon and fasten with toothpick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, syrup and chili powder. Brush the seafood with half the mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with remaining sauce. Place back in the oven on BROIL for 2 minutes.