We could not believe how popular my Spicy Salmon Rice Muffins became on Instagram and TikTok; to date we have approximately 70 million views! And so many recreations and happy chefs of course! So I knew I had to follow them up with a just as yummy version. You will love these too!
The shrimp cook up even faster in the oven than the salmon does – only 10 minutes. This time around, I also found a better way to handle the super sticky sushi rice with an ice cream scooper/melon baller. I also used the spoon to push down the rice into the muffin tray – so much better.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crispy Shrimp Rice Muffins
- 3 sheets nori paper
- 1½ cups cooked sushi rice, cooled
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- 2 tbs chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Grab a scissor and cut your nori sheets into 4 equal squares.
- Slice your shrimp into small cubes and sprinkle with the tapioca flour. Toss to coat. In a medium bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and then add the shrimp in to coat. Set aside.
- To the center of a nori sheet, add 1 heaping tablespoon of rice and spread out slightly. Transfer the square to your muffin slot and use a spoon to press down gently, to center the rice in the middle with the edges coming up along sides of the muffin slot. Repeat in all twelve slots. Pop into oven for 5 minutes then remove. Top rice with about 5-6 pieces of shrimp to fill each slot. Transfer to your oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool slightly and top with your avocado, spicy mayo and black sesame seeds.