Baked Spanakopita and Artichoke Dip
So the standard dip everyone knows and loves is a Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Tried and true. I figured I would put a Greek spin on it and add in some feta cheese and prep the spinach the way we usually prep it for spinach pie with scallions, garlic and dill. What an amazing combination!
There is a lot of green and cream in this one. No way around it really. Although you could go vegan mayo, cream cheese, sour cream and feta all out nowadays. The greens are spinach, scallions, dill and artichokes. I love the brand I get, absolutely delicious even on their own: Cucina & Amore Artichoke Hearts in a jar, Whole Grilled Marinated. I found them at Whole Foods (not a sponsored post).
You can also use frozen spinach but I prefer the fresh. Just make sure you thaw and drain it of its liquids. The hot sauce is also a great touch for a little heat. You can definitely skip it if you want though.
Garnish the top with some parsley or fresh dill, green scallions and chili pepper flakes. Obviously serve WARM with some crispy crostini, pita chips or tortilla chips and enjoy!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you created this recipe or any other ones from the site, we would greatly appreciate you commenting and rating the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Spanakopita + Artichoke Dip
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 oz baby spinach, rough chop
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, rough chop, drained
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled (divided)
- 1 cup mozzarella (divided)
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a medium baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat your oil in a pan on medium. Add the scallion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until mostly wilted. Add in the garlic and stir around for 30 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a colander and press out as much liquid as you can with paper towels.
- Pat your artichoke pieces with a paper towel until mostly dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, dill, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, HALF of the feta, 2/3 of the shredded mozzarella, Sriracha, salt and pepper to taste. I ended up using my hands to get everything fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to your baking dish and spread out evenly. Top with the remaining feta and mozzarella and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top should be mostly golden brown.
- Serve with warm pita, tortilla chips or crostini bread.
So good! Big hit at the super bowl party!
Hi Jessica! VERY happy you all loved it! Thank you for the feedback!
This dip is so amazing and makes a perfect appetizer when giving a dinner party! Everything can be done ahead and you simply pull it hot out of the oven to serve your guest. I served this not too long ago at a dinner party for four and we ate the entire thing!
Hi Stella, I’m Thanasi, 67 years old from NC and retired from the food industry . I’m not a cook but I cook to eat! Today I tried this Spinach,artichoke, feta recipe and it was GREAT! Normally I’ll see a recipe and tweak it, thinking ksero kalitera 🤦🏻♂️ but I followed yours exactly! My next attempt will be your feta,spanakopita “brownies” . Keep smiling! Looks good on you!🙂
Hi Tommy, I appreciate your kindness and I’m really happy you enjoyed the dip! Its got all those yummy Greek flavors for sure!! I really hope you try the brownies though because those are THE BEST! Hope you have a beautiful day!
Took whatever dip was left to family to try and they ALL loved it. Today, Feb 1 I’m trying the “brownies ” 😀