One of the tastiest ‘healthy’ desserts I’ve made with almond flour – it has lots of texture and juicy blueberries in every bite.
I also love that the cake batter is prepared quickly in ONE BOWL. You know what that means: less cleanup! The crumble obviously needs its own smaller cereal size bowl.
An easy substitute for the almond flour and coconut flour is using 2 cups of oat flour instead. Of course you can also use all purpose flour as well.
Make sure you have some patience and wait for the cake to cool down at least 15 minutes from the pan. Then probably another 15-20 minutes to slice.
Healthy Blueberry Crumb Bars
Blueberry Cake Ingredients:
- 1.75 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted + cooled)(or any neutral oil)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1.75 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. Then add the egg, syrup, oil, milk and zest and mix until just combined and smooth. Lastly, fold in the blueberries. Transfer the batter to your pan and spread out with a rubber spatula.
- Mix together the crumble ingredients in a small bowl. Top your batter with it and gently spread out.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool 20 minutes to remove and slice.