A sauce can either make or break an otherwise boring piece of meat or any dish for that matter. Sometimes the sauce is better than the actual main event dish. This recipe is a total winner if you’re into the savory and sweet thing (as am I).
The pork chops can be bone in or boneless; either one works. Of course, boneless takes less time to cook so you must factor that in. Along with the thickness of your meat which also, make take more or less time. What you need is for the pork chops to have internal temperature of 145 F. Please do not over cook them, they will have the consistency of a tire. Also, make sure to season them well on both sides with salt and pepper.
The sauce ingredients are straightforward and all YUMMY. The butter must be salted and the brown sugar is one fourth cup PACKED. The garlic will pair perfectly along to supply some flavor. If you are serving this to children, make sure to lessen the chili pepper flakes or omit them all together. The paprika and thyme are also a great accompaniment.
This whole recipe comes together so quickly and easily if you have all of the ingredients ready to go. This serves well with most anything but I definitely recommend Mashed Potatoes to use the extra sauce on and a side salad.
Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in thick pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Pat your pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season them (both sides) with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe skillet. When the pan gets hot, add the chops and sear for 4 minutes then flip and brown the other side for 3 minutes.
- While thats happening, melt your brown sugar in a small pan. When its fully melted, mix in the brown sugar, garlic, chili flakes, paprika and thyme. Heat this sauce for 1 minute (WATCH IT – IT CAN BURN QUICKLY) on medium and then pour it on the seared pork chops. Transfer the pan with the sauced up chops to your oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reads 145 F. (cook time varies with thickness of the meat).
- Serve immediately and make sure you spoon the sauce on top.