The beauty of this post is that it incorporates two recipes that are delicious on their own. Two for the price of one lol. I have made the crusted chicken without this sauce and love it and have created this sauce and used it for fish, pork and other meats.
The other bonus of this recipe is the time it takes to come together. Prep takes longer than actual cook time. These are my favorite types of recipes because the delicious end result requires very minimal effort.
The sauce is not everything here. You can absolutely make just the chicken and that is YUM as heck on its own. But the sauce is soooo deliciously drippy and definitely recommended.
This is the perfect dish to make for a get together. You can prep the chicken and parmesan mixture and refrigerate before everyone gets to your house and be ready to go when they get there.
If you really want to impress your guests, make sure you serve with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley for presentation. This serves incredible with mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, french fries, zoodles or salad. I made it with rice and the excess sauce was phenomenal on it.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 3 chicken breasts halved lengthwise
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt + pepper
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs flour
- 6 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juice of
- 3 tbs chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Season your chicken pieces with garlic powder, onion powder and salt to taste – both sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium container mix the grated parmesan and flour with a fork.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg, allowing the excess to drip off. Dredge in parmesan mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, once hot, cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and the internal temperature reads 165 F.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and then mix in the minced garlic, lemon juice, broth and pepper. Heat everything through and top your chicken. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.