Carrot cake has always been one of my most favorite desserts. I usually order it at a cafe or after dinner, out at a restaurant. All that’s behind me now. This loaf is just like the cake but a bit lighter. Its ideal for breakfast or afternoon coffee time. Trust me, you need to make this loaf.
This carrot cake loaf is actually simple to make, the only prep necessary is to coarsely grate the carrots and chop up your walnuts (if you’re using walnuts). You can also make this in an 8 inch round cake pan. If you want a double layer cake, just double the loaf recipe.
For the frosting, make sure you let the loaf cool COMPLETELY. I was rushing the process, and as you can see, my frosting went on fluffy and then began to melt slightly. Please be patient. If you want your frosting thicker and fluffier, you can add more powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this recipe or any other one from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Loaf:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tbs butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line your 9×5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix the oil and brown sugar. Mix in the carrots. Next, beat in the eggs with the mixer. Fold in the nuts. And lastly mix in the flour mixture until combined. Transfer the batter to your prepped pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool 15 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. DO NOT ICE THE LOAF UNTIL IT IS COOLED COMPLETELY OR THE FROSTING WILL MELT.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until incorporated. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.