Sometimes you want to avoid the breads and just have a delicious grilled cheese style sandwich without all those pesky carbs. How about throwing in a vegetable to level it up on the healthy scale?? You need to make this!
The beauty of this dish is that it is extremely versatile. You can add in feta cheese instead of the provolone. You can also throw in a slice or two of turkey or ham to make it a sandwich. I will definitely add some Sriracha sauce for some heat next time.
For the cauliflower rice, you should consider frozen. I always keep a bag or two in my freezer for an emergency. Just make sure to thaw it and squeeze out the liquids. If you are pulsing a fresh cauliflower head in your food processor instead, that won’t have as much liquid.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, please take the time to comment on and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese (Gluten Free)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian blend seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- I used pre packaged, frozen cauliflower rice, which i thawed and then squeezed out the liquids well. You can also create your own cauliflower rice by pulsing half a head cauliflower in your food processor until it resembles rice sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, beat your eggs. Add in the cauliflower rice, parmesan, seasonings and mix to combine.
- In a medium size skillet, heat your olive oil on medium high. Pour in the mixture and immediately spread it out to evenly cover the base of the pan. Cover the pan and lower the heat to medium. Let it cook for about 6 minutes. Next, add the cheese slices to one side of the circle and flip over the other side to form a half moon. Let it cook for another 3 minutes then remove to a cutting board and slice in half.