I love to make this dish for my meal prep especially. It lasts me all week long and I always have a healthy veggie side dish, breakfast or lunch to count on when I’m busy. This reheats like a dream in a pan or in my mini counter oven.
You can use any flour you like here like almond flour, oat flour or Gluten Free all purpose flour. Also any milk you prefer works in this recipe.
You can use any supplemental vegetables you have on hand, like mushrooms. The base needs to be something meaty like all cauliflower or all broccoli.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Vegetable Bake
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp each paprika + garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the cauliflower and bring back to a boil. Cook for 7minutes then add in the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes or until the broccoli is just fork tender. Drain both vegetables to dry.
- While the cauliflower and broccoli cook, in a small pan, saute your onion in the olive oil for 3 minutes or until translucent on medium heat.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, onion and bell pepper to a 9×13" baking dish. Spread out evenly and colorfully and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, olive oil, milk and whisk to combine. Next mix in the flour, grated parmesan and spices and lastly the parsley. Pour this mixture evenly over the vegetables then top with shredded cheese. Bake this for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes prior to slicing.