A really unique and delicious dish perfect for a low carb snack or serve it on a toasted slice of bread for breakfast. Either way, you won’t be able to have JUST one.
The ingredients and prep are so easy on this one, just make sure you get yourself some fairly large tomatoes. You want to be able to have a large enough opening so that you can fill it with the cheesy mixture you make. Once you get the tomatoes sliced into large rounds, you will remove the flesh carefully, leaving a nice thick border of the tomato slice. Take the flesh and chop into small pieces.
Make sure you season your mixture with some garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix everything togegther with the eggs, spinach and feta and dollop it in! Top with your shredded cheese of choice and bake until golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other form our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Feta Tomato Slices
- 2 extra large tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 block feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish with fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your tomatoes into thick, round slices. Using a small paring knife, remove the internal parts of the tomato from each slice (MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE LEAVE A NICE THICK BORDER ON THE TOMATO SLICES). Chop up the insides into small pieces. Set your round pieces on your baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, beat your eggs. Next add in the chopped tomato pieces, chopped spinach, feta and seasonings and mix to combine. Fill each tomato round with the mixture. Top each with some shredded mozzarella and bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.