We could not stop eating this delicious one pan wonder. It contains everything we love, in an easy to make recipe. The cherry on top is that it literally tastes like you’re eating lasagna thanks to the cottage cheese. It lends this super creamy texture while also adding more protein to your dinner. If you don’t have cottage cheese, you can sub in sour cream.
The beauty of this dish is that you can use any protein and vegetables you have, they don’t have to be chicken, zucchini and mushrooms. Next time I’m trying this with sausage, peppers and eggplant.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Chicken Zucchini Bake
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella (3 cups)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (drained)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil (or butter)
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts, cubed + salted
- 24 oz mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced halfmoons
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 375℉. Lighty oil a 9×13" baking dish with olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together your mozzarella, cottage cheese, scallions, eggs, dried herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- IN a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Saute your zucchini and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. After a few minutes. Add in the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken in golden.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to a colander and drain any liquids. Then transfer the contents to your cheese mixture and toss to incorporate all. Move everything into the prepared baking dish, pat down to form even layer and top with the grated parmesan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes prior to slicing.