Crispy PIzza Smashed Potatoes
If you love pizza and potatoes, we got you covered.
What a delicious fun way to make gluten free pizza and use up your potatoes! We devoured them in minutes and they work in your oven or air fryer to get them extra crispy.
Pro Tips: make sure you don’t over boil the potatoes – drain them when they are JUST fork tender. Also, a great way to avoid a potato that smashes to small pieces is to score it before smashing it. I also place a small square of wax paper between the potato and the glass to prevent sticking.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Pizza Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs small creamer potatoes, washed
- 1 tbs salt
- olive oil spray (or melted butter)
- 1½ cup shredded mozarella
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 2 oz mini pepperonis
- chili pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (425°F for your oven).
- Transfer your potatoes to a large pot and fill with water to just cover them. Boil the potatoes with 1 tbs salt, until just fork tender – about 10-15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a flat surface to slightly cool.
- Grab a small sharp knife and score the potatoes about half way down, CRISS CROSS. Cut a small square of wax paper or parchment paper. Cover the potato and THEN press down with the bottom of a glass to flatten – this prevents the glass from sticking and thus dismantling the potatoes. Flatten them as much as you can with out destroying them. Spray them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste. Air fry or roast for 20-25 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown on their edges.
- Brush them with the marinara sauce, sprinkle them with the mozzarella and top with mini pepperonis. Back in the oven or air fryer until they're melted and golden.
Use vegan shredded cheese to make this vegan.
LOVE. YOUR. RECIPES. ❤️
Can’t wait to try these! Any suggestions on make ahead???
Gonna try it!
You will love these!!!