After I make these nuggets/fritters/bites I always wish I had doubled the recipe so that I would have leftovers. They are easy to make and warm up beautifully the next day as a snack, side or appetizer.
The best part is that you can pan fry them in a small amount of olive oil or bake them in your oven or air fry them sprayed with some olive oil. Any which way, you and yours will love these little guys.
These nuggets pair beautifully with a nice marinara sauce but I used a simple ketchup and mayonnaise for the video here. These would also pair well with a yummy ranch or my Lazy Tzatziki sauce.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes + salt
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar shreds
- 3/4 cup mozzarella shreds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Steam your florets until fork tender about 7 minutes. Transfer to a tea towel, allow to cool slightly and then ring/squeeze out the liquids.
- Add cauliflower, egg, breadcrumbs, seasonings, cheeses to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Form your nuggets by pressing together tightly the mixture. Heat 1 tbs olive oil and cook your nuggets for about 4 minutes per side – until golden brown on both sides.
- You can also bake these at at 400° for 17 minutes, flipping halfway thru. Or air fry at 375° for 12-15 minutes spray the outside and flip half way thru.