This meal is so simple to throw together. The meat is seasoned perfectly, the rice is flavored just right and the yogurt is the cherry on the top. Once you prep your steak and get it in the fridge, you’re smooth sailing with the rice and the sauce. While the rice cooks, you can make the sauce and meat and be done all at the same time.
You can also add some Sriracha hot sauce to the bowl at the end for some heat.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you create this recipe or any other, please take the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Steak and Rice Bowls with Lazy Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 lbs sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth (or water)
- 1 tbs butter (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 heaping tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mint (NOT fresh)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbs milk (optional to thin it out)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- optional topping: Sriracha sauce
- Slice your meat into small pieces. In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the meat and the marinade into a zip lock bag – mush it around to get all the meat coated. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cook your steak in a large HOT skillet for 3-4 minutes per side (depending on the size of your steak pieces and the doneness you prefer).
- Cook your rice with the broth, butter and seasonings as per the insturctions on the package.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust anything if necessary.