This recipe is absolutely simple to throw together with very few ingredients. A dinner that makes your life easier and tastes great is such a blessing. I typically buy my pesto since the one I get is unparalleled in flavor. Why make my own? The Gotham Greens brand sold at Whole Foods is unbeatable.
Feel free to use any type of ground meat here. I have also made these with ground turkey. Just make sure you don’t use the extra lean ground meat, it will produce very stiff meatballs and we definitely don’t want that. Panko also makes these fluffier although feel free to substitute in regular bread crumbs. I typically double this recipe for meal prep purposes. They warm up great in the my toaster oven. Serve this with salad for a yummy dinner!
Easy Chicken Pesto Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 onion, fine chop
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 heaping cup pesto sauce
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl, until just combined. Form medium sized meatballs and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake them for about 20-22 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.