This quick and simple soup is my go-to when I want to eat a vegetarian meal that is light yet totally filling. I always feel great after I eat it and I love freezing the leftovers to have on a chilly day.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Greek Lemon Bean Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced (or 1/2 small onion)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 29 oz can cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1 large lemon
- Optional + recommended: Garnish with crumbled feta
- In a medium pot, heat your olive oil on medium and add in the onion and bell pepper to saute until they soften. Stir in the garlic and chili pepper flakes and season with salt to taste.
- Pour in the beans and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the burner and mix in the lemon juice and dill. Portion out the soup to serve in your bowl and top with some crumbled feta.