I stumbled on this idea on IG and had to try it “for my kids”. They love pasta and pizza so why not mash them together right? Amazingly yummy results with this one. Fun and easy to make, we all participated and they were done in less than 20 minutes.
The toppings here are customizable and you can make these vegan by using vegan mozzarella cheese and leaving out the pepperoni. You can also make them gluten free by making them with a gluten free pasta.
SUPER IMPORTANT: Do not overcook your pasta – make sure its al dente! If that happens, you won’t be able to skewer them onto the sticks.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our website, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Pizza Pasta Skewers
- 12 bamboo skewers (8 inches long)
- 1/2 lb penne pasta, cooked AL DENTE
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 oz sliced kalamata olives
- 2 oz mini pepperonis
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Skewer your cooled pasta horizontally onto your sticks (about 12 pasta pieces on each stick) and place them on the baking sheet. Brush your pasta all over with the sauce. Sprinkle with your shredded cheese and then the toppings. Bake for 5 minutes or until beginning to turn golden brown. Watch them. Remove and sprinkle with chili pepper flakes.