We love to make these on the fly when we want a healthier alternative to pizza. You still get all the pizza flavors but you know what’s going into it and the only regret you will have is not DOUBLING the recipe! These are perfect for lunch meal prep, eating with soup or on-the-go breakfast/snacking.
The beauty of this recipe is the simplicity. You probably have these ingredients on hand. If the mini pepperonis are missing, you can always sub in some cooked and chopped up bacon or sausage in its place. Or just leave out the meat components all together.
I’ve made these with oat flour and regular all purpose flour and both have turned out perfect. I’m definitely trying almond flour next with adding an additional egg to the recipe for extra binding.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe. LOVE YOUR LIFE!!
Easy Healthier Pizza Muffins
- 1½ cups oat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, chili pepper flakes, dried oregano + salt
- 1½ cups milk of choice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 oz mini pepperonis (or 6 strips bacon, cooked + chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Spray a 12 slotted muffin tray with olive oil.
- In one large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and all of the seasonings. Add in the milk and eggs and mix together until combined. Lastly fold in the mozzarella, parmesan, breadcrumbs and mini pepperonis. Scoop this into your muffin slots and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.