I am loving this marriage of lemon and cream. It’s a fast new friend if you want to level up your oh so standard grilled chicken.
Super straight forward again with this recipe. You’re gonna need some large chicken breast so that you can create 4 pieces from them. You can also use 4 small pieces. Another alternative is using chicken thighs which would probably be amazing here as well. The flour is what’s going to give them that crispy exterior. You don’t need a lot of it. Just sprinkle it on and coat the meat with your fingers. Shake off any excess.
The chicken broth, garlic, lemon and mustard are what gives this sauce its flavor. The heavy whipping cream and grated Parmesan is the velvety and creamy part of it. You can taste the sauce and add more lemon if you’re a super fan.
Top with some fresh chopped parsley, extra lemon slices and serve with rice or my Best Mashed Potatoes.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you commenting and rating the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Creamy Lemon Crispy Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise in half to form two flat cutlets. Season all four pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle them with flour and then spread it with your fingers. Shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat up your butter and oil on medium high. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Times will vary with thickness of chicken cutlets. Lower heat if chicken browns too much and chicken hasn't cook.
- If your pan is dry of juices, add a little butter to your pan. Cook your garlic for 15 seconds then stir in the broth, lemon juice, heavy cream and mustard until combined. Simmer for a few minutes then mix in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook on low heat for a few more minutes.
- Get the chicken back in the pan and pour the sauce all over to coat.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley, serve with lemon slices, rice or mashed potatoes.