Easy Meatball Mushroom Soup
It does not get more satisfying and yummy than this soup! The flavors are simple yet delicious and there’s no need for pasta or rice because the whole and fresh ingredients will fill you up.
The mushrooms are a must for extra veggies and the ground meat is substitutable with whatever you have on hand. I love to make this with lamb or pork, but turkey or chicken are also amazing here.
For the meatballs, the ingredient list is short and powerful. You don’t need a lot to make these delectable and poppable. You can fry them in the pot before you make the soup but I prefer baking them. Quick and painless, no need to stand over the pot for double the time.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Meatball Mushroom Soup
- 1 lb ground beef (any ground meat works)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each salt, garlic powder + onion powder
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 12 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tbs paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 4 tbs all purpose flour
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Optional Garnish: parsley + grated parmsan
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, gently combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl – do not overmix. Form small meatballs and place on baking sheet, bake for 17 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and the olive oil together. Add in the onion, carrot and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add in the mushrooms next and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Add in the Italian herb seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper to taste and tomato paste and stir to coat all. Next sprinkle on the flour and stir again to coat all. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Next, dump the meatballs into the soup and stir. Taste the broth and adjust any seasonings, if needed. Garnish with parsley and freshly grated cheese.
I will definitely ba making this again. I used ground chicken since that’s what I had. I followed the recipe as it and it was wonderful.
Hi Marcia, so glad you enjoyed the soup! ANd thanks so much for giving it a try!
Super Delicious. I think I will decrease the time on the meatballs next time. They felt just a tad dry.
Hi Andrea, glad you enjoyed the soup! Thanks so much for trying it!