This easy to make soup comes together in one pot, in under 30 minutes with only a few ingredients you most likely already have in your home. Thanks to the cauliflower and beans, this soup comes out super velvety smooth. If you like this soup you will love my Roasted Broccoli + Cauliflower Soup or my Anti Inflammatory Cauliflower Chicken Soup.
Its very simple to make this a vegan dish, just use nutritional yeast instead of the grated parmesan and make sure to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. To get this creamy as can be, use a blender or hand immersion blender, but don’t over puree – you want some cauliflower chunks left in the soup.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Cauliflower White Bean Soup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 40 oz cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup water (or more broth)
- 2 tsp Italian dried herb blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbs freshly grated parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast)
- optional garnish: lemon wedges, olive oil drizzle, chili pepper flakes or pesto
- In a large pot, heat your olive oil on medium high. Add in the onion and saute until transluscent on medium heat – about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic for another 30 seconds. Add in the cauliflower, beans, broth, water, Italian herb blend and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer on low heat and cover the pot. Cook until the cauliflower becomes fork tender – about 12 minutes. Next use a hand immersion blender to mostly puree the soup – leaving chunks of cauliflower and beans. If you don't have a hand blender, work in one batch with a blender or food processor, leaving half the soup unblended. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the grated parmesan (or nutritional yeast.). Taste and adjust the salt, pepper and herb blend if needed.
- Serve with a nice drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes or pesto is beautiful with this! Also fresh bread is great too.