This Mediterranean coffee is one of the most refreshing and easiest to whip up in the morning. The coffee itself is so fragrant and is full of flavor. Milk and sugar is totally optional. You can easily go for the monkfruit sugar substitute to make it sweet but sugar free. I prefer coconut sugar in mine. I find it really brings out the flavor in the coffee.
Back when I was in my teens and twenties this was THE drink we consumed at the cafes in Greece and here in Astoria, New York. My friends and I would sit and sip and people watch. Take me back to the good ole days!
Greek Frappe Coffee
- 2 tsp Nescafé coffee
- 2 tsp sugar of choice (optional)
- 1/4 cup water (plus more later)
- 5 ice cubes
- Milk of choice (optional)
- Use an electric frother or add the coffee, sugar and water to a cocktail shaker.
- Beat/shake vigorously until a large amount of foam forms – about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Transfer the foam mixture to a large glass.
- Add ice to the glass, a nice splash of water and your milk (if using).
- Stir everything with a straw and enjoy!