Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins (Sugar Free)
There is no better feeling than waking up to a fresh baked muffin in the morning. Especially when it errs on the healthy side. I am a big fan of these guys since they are sugar free and made with whole wheat flour, yet taste amazingly moist and delicious.
How simple are these cuties where you probably already have all of these ingredients in your pantry already. I love using avocado oil but any neutral oil will work, like melted coconut oil, sunflower oil or olive oil. Any milk works in this recipe so that you can make it dairy free with almond or oat milk. And also, you can use honey or maple syrup as the sweetener. If you don’t have whole wheat flour, you can sub in oat flour or regular all purpose flour.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other on the site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and syrup. Beat in the eggs. Mix in the bananas and milk and then the baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Then pour in the flour and mix that in. Lastly, fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer and divide the batter amoung the muffin slots. Top with some more blueberries if you like and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried these today they turned out perfect. I used coconut oil, oat milk and maple syrup. They are sooo delicious. Thank you for the recipe ❤️
HI Mary, thanks so much for trying out these muffins and the kind rating!