One of my biggest objectives in the kitchen is to incorporate more veggies into our diet. With this one pan dish we get it all. Yummy creamy feta pasta with those fine chopped veggies. We add some chili pepper flakes a little heat and everything becomes smooth and delicious.
The beauty of this dish is that you can sub in most any veggies in this dish, like fine chopped mushrooms, broccoli, baby spinach, bell pepper or tomatoes! Please do not squeeze out any liquids from the veggies. If you don’t want to use milk, you can use more broth in its place.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Baked Feta Veggie Orzo
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups dry orzo (uncooked)
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, fine chop
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1¾ cups low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz feta block
- optional garnish: lemon, olive oil, chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven 350℉. Do not squeeze out any liquids from the veggies.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Add your uncooked orzo, zucchini, carrots, onion, garlic, dried oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste, broth, milk and mix to combine. Form a well to place your feta block into it. Drizzle it with olive oil and black pepper and place in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately mix to combine. May look watery on the bottom but keep mixing to incorporate and will be smooth.
- Serve with lemon wedges and olive oil drizzle.