I’m going to be honest and not lie here: I used to heavily dislike quinoa. I tried it when it first became popular around 2013, and never to a liking to it. However, this recipe has completely reformed me and my entire quinoa thought process. The reason: that creamy, semi-melted feta, those salty Kalamata olives and that simple little dressing.
All of these fresh and delicious ingredients come together in one pan. No problem. This recipe is, however, versatile with being able to sub in brown rice or regular basmati rice for the quinoa. The other ingredients are also pretty expendable. You can use any veggie you have like mushrooms, tomatoes, it all works here. Anything that can cook in the same time as the quinoa will work in the dish.
The dressing is the second BEST part of this salad. And the fact that its SO freakin simple to make with only a few ingredients is my favorite part. But it is the part of the dish that brings it to the next level. My daughter and I both wanted the leftovers. It can be served warm (preferred) or cold.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1¾ cups low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, fine chop
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 3.5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Toast your quinoa in a hot, large skillet for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in the broth and bring to a boil. Then mix in the peppers, corn, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. Remove the pan from your burner and let it sit for 5 minutes covered. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Crumble in your feta, add in the olives and drizzle on the dressing. Mix to coat all.