No, seriously, this side came together in around 10 minutes. I could not believe the speed to delicious ratio. How does something get whipped up so quickly and simultaneously taste so good? Easy: use fresh and healthy ingredients.
Corn is certainly one of my favorite vegetables along with zucchini. And the best accompaniment that binds everything together is some good ole cheese. The herbs spices and lime take this dish over the top though.
Next time I make this dish, I am for sure adding some chopped up grilled chicken or shrimp to the bowl. Just all that flavor and juices combined together will be incredible!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Parmesan Zucchini and Corn
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, fine chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels shaved
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (or 2 tbs grated parm)
- Heat your olive oil in a large deep skillet. Add the shallot and stir constantly for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini, corn, dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste to the pan. Mix and cook for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- At the end, stir in the lime juice and parsley. Transfer to your serving bowl and top with the parmesan cheese and serve.