Sweet and Spicy Salmon
As a teenager, I coveted Chinese food takeout. The sauces and flavors were like nothing I’d had as a young kid. Sweet and sour chicken was my absolute favorite. This recipe was born out of my Sweet + Spicy Cauliflower post, which was one of y’alls favorites, according to the TikTok and Instagram views. Here I applied that delicious sauce to a healthy salmon dinner and could not be happier with the result. Pair it with an equally healthy green side dish and soy rice and you gotta an amazing dinner!
There are a few substitutions for some of the ingredients (if needed to sub). For the maple syrup you can use honey or rub on some brown sugar. For the Sriracha sauce, you can sub in Frank’s Hot Sauce. If you like it spicier, use more than I have listed here. You can use olive oil or sesame oil. If you follow a gluten free diet, substitute in Tamari sauce for the soy sauce.
Thank you for stopping by HungryHappens! If you decide to create this dish (or any other one on the site), I would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment and rating the recipe! Cheers!
Sweet and Spicy Salmon
- 24 oz salmon fillets (4 pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tbs sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pat your fish dry with a paper towel. Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Transfer your fish to a ziploc bag or bowl and pour the marinade over. Place ziploc in your fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 420° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer fish to sheet and brush with extra marinade. Bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature of fish reads 145°F.
- Serve with chili pepper flakes.
This was great. Used a little less pepper and the marinade was good on basmati rice
Hi Bill! Glad you liked the salmon, rice and sauce! Thank you also for taking the time to comment and rate the dish! Cheers!
Really good! This was my first time making salmon and your recipe did not disappoint! I paired it with a salad and it was delicious! Will definitely add into my dinner rotation.
Hi Karrie, Glad you had a great first time with salmon! Thank you for trying my recipe and taking the time to leave a kind rating!