Tomato Peach Salad
Even though its mid August, for me summer is still here for a while. In New York it doesn’t really start to get cool until October-ish. So that luckily means the summer dishes will still remain in my kitchen for a while longer. Don’t even talk to me about pumpkins yet please.
The key component of this salad is to whisk together the dressing FIRST in order to allow the tomatoes and onions to marinate. This process allows the tomatoes the time to release their juices and the onions to break down their texture and sharp flavor.
The peaches are my favorite part of this salad, but you can sub in nectarines or mangoes here as well. Also a big fan of the fresh mozzarella. For the bacon, you can also substitute in prosciutto instead. Whichever nut you use, (walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds) make sure you toast them for added flavor.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Tomato Peach Salad
- 1 lb campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy + chopped
- 3 ears corn, cooked + shaved
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 oz fresh mozzarella, torn up
- Garnish: Fresh Basil leaves
- To a large bowl, whisk together all of the Dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary.
- FIRST OFF, add the tomatoes and onions to the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing. Let them sit while you prep the rest of the ingredients. This time marinating will allow the texture and flavor of the onion to break down and allow the tomatoes to release their juices into the dressing.
Just made this for my lunch, the flavour explosion is phenomenal! So refreshing, so tasty, I so ate the whole thing to myself! Letting the onion and tomato sit is genius! Thanks for another amazing recipe
Absolutely the best summer salad ever!
Im right there with you Pam.. its the perfect summer salad! Thank you for trying it!
I made this for lunch/dinner. The flavors were amazing together. We loved it. I’ll make it again.
Hi Kathy! That’s awesome and I’m so glad you enjoyed the salad!