Even though its mid August, for me summer is still here for a while. In New York it doesn’t really start to get cool until October-ish. So that luckily means the summer dishes will still remain in my kitchen for a while longer. Don’t even talk to me about pumpkins yet please.
The key component of this salad is to whisk together the dressing FIRST in order to allow the tomatoes and onions to marinate. This process allows the tomatoes the time to release their juices and the onions to break down their texture and sharp flavor.
The peaches are my favorite part of this salad, but you can sub in nectarines or mangoes here as well. Also a big fan of the fresh mozzarella. For the bacon, you can also substitute in prosciutto instead. Whichever nut you use, (walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds) make sure you toast them for added flavor.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Tomato Peach Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy + chopped
- 3 ears corn, cooked + shaved
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 oz fresh mozzarella, torn up
- Garnish: Fresh Basil leaves
- To a large bowl, whisk together all of the Dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary.
- FIRST OFF, add the tomatoes and onions to the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing. Let them sit while you prep the rest of the ingredients. This time marinating will allow the texture and flavor of the onion to break down and allow the tomatoes to release their juices into the dressing.