Our Whole Orange Blender Cake went mega viral so we knew we had to create a lemon version. I switched up the recipe and used a more traditional approach with all purpose flour and cane sugar. This cake is awesome and definitely packed with all the lemon flavors. It has a dense texture which is due to the blender process.
The best type of lemon for this recipe is a Meyer’s Lemon -if you have it. I did not have it and used a regular lemon and it came out great. If you don’t have Vanilla Greek Yogurt, simply use regular Greek yogurt and add in 1 tsp vanilla extract and a bit more sugar to the blender.
Thank you for supporting Hungry Happens! I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it. If you have the time, please rate and comment on this recipe. Now LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Whole Lemon Blender Cake
- Preheat oven to 350℉ Line an 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper and also grease it with oil or butter.
- Special Note: the texture of this cake is dense and packed with lemony citrus flavor. You will love it! Let it cool COMPLETELY prior to serving though.
- Quarter slice your lemon, remove any exterior stems and all seeds.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED ABOVE. Process or blend until JUST smooth. Do NOT over blend. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to set in the pan on your counter for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool completely.
- Optional: dust top of the cake with a little powdered sugar + lemon zest