The selling point here is the time line. Five minutes to cook your healthy broccoli is a beautiful thing. I make this so many different ways. First, with feta cheese, fresh dill and lemon. Also with sesame oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds. Any my kids favorite is with just some shredded cheddar cheese. This broccoli dish can easily be made vegan by omitting the cheese or using vegan cheese.
An additional tip for this broccoli recipe is that you don’t need to open a container of vegetable broth to make it. You can substitute in half a cup of water and mix in a heavy dash of onion powder and a heavy dash of garlic powder. That’s your broth and I’ve used it more times then not and the dish tastes just as good.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
5 Minute Skillet Broccoli and Feta
- 2 crowns broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth*
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Garnish: fresh dill and lemon slices
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet and get it really hot. Toss in your broccoli in a single layer. Let it sear for at least one minute so it gets a nice brown char. Season w salt.
- Then give it a good stir. Pour in the broth and cover the pan immediately. Reduce heat to medium low and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle on your feta. Cover again until cheese is mostly melted to your preference.
- Serve with fresh dill, lemon slices and a drizzle of olive oil.