This recipe has a few steps but they’re all easy and come together quickly. You can prep your pecans ahead of time.
The cranberry sauce was the simplest of things to make. You literally just combine and boil until its thick and ready. The best part is that it’s refined sugar free with the honey or maple syrup. Make sure you taste and adjust the sweetener. Just keep in mind that this is cranberry sauce and is supposed to be tart.
WATCH your brie. I over baked mine (it was a thinner piece). Don’t worry if you do, it still will taste bomb. Serve with some fresh thyme on top for aesthetic and have fun scooping! Cheers!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 small orange,
- 8 oz brie cheese, wax paper removed
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. and toast your pecans on a baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until it thickens. Taste and adjust honey to your preference. Should be tart. Remove and discard the orange halve.
- Brush your bread slices on one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Bake your brie on a small rimmed baking sheet or dish for 5-10 minutes (time varies with thickness of the piece). Line it with some parchment paper so that you can easily remove it from the dish if it oozes like mine did. Serve in a platter that has low edges so that you can easily scoop out of it with your bread. Top the cheese with some cranberry sauce, the pecans and some thyme. Serve right away.