When I was growing up, my mom or dad would hand me a stalk to munch on before dinner and begrudgingly took it and ate it. It had no flavor but the nutritional was all there. So when I found this delicious idea, I knew I had to try it and I was right – broccoli stalks can be made devastatingly delicious.
This omelette is super simple to make and totally customizable. You can add any cheese you prefer like cheddar or vegan feta. I highly recommend topping with some chili pepper flakes for that something extra.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! IF you create this dish or any other from our website, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Broccoli Stalk Omelette
- 1 broccoli stalk, peeled + shredded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 plum tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chili pepper flakes or sriracha to taste
- Heat your olive oil in a medium sized non stick pan. Add in the broccoli shreds, season with salt and pepper to taste and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and immediately swirl the pan around to evenly distribute. Sprinkle on the cheese all over. Add the tomoate slices to one side and cover your pan. Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 4-5 minutes COVERED.
- Fold over the omelette and serve with chili flakes or sriracha to taste.