My kind of recipe because it is superbly quick and 100 percent delicious. Sure shrimp cook in less than 5 minutes but try chopping them up into small pieces. The flavor of the spices and oil gets everywhere and they cook in half the time. Shrimp are my favorite type of taco because of the fastness of it and they pair so well with the rest of the toppings.
The toppings here are non-negotiable. Sorry. You need some sweet corn, PICKLED RED ONIONS, melted cheese and that avocado crema I could slather on everything and/or drink straight up. Don’t think about it – make it.
Not only does this meal taste outstanding but it also looks so pretty. Attractive food is important sometimes. Take a pic or video and post it online. Share the good food!
Chopped Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Avocado Crema
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 large avocado, rough chop
- 1 jalapeño, rough chop
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1.25 lbs shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, warmed
- pickled red onions
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Toss to coat the shrimp pieces with the olive oil and spices + salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat your skillet on medium high and toss in shrimp when hot. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes. These should cook fast. Toss around the pan and make sure they cook evenly. Remove when done.
- Add some avocado oil to your pan and fry up the tortillas on each side until golden and crispy. Top with your cheese to melt and then the shrimp and rest of your toppings.