Fattoush in Lebanese is essentially a ‘bread salad’ is said to have originated in Northern Lebanon. There are three ingredients that set this salad apart from the others. First is the Sumac seasoning, which has a citrusy flavor to it. Next is the pomegranate molasses, which adds flavor and thickens up the dressing.
The third part of this salad is the micro chopping of the ingredients. Also the frying of the pita chips in the pan in a little olive oil. Okay so now that makes four things that make this salad really special and tasty.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish!
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber, fine chop
- 1 small red onion, fine chop
- 3 radishes, fine chop
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, fine chop
- 1 large pita, sliced into small pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Heat the 1 tbs olive oil in a large pan. Add the pita pieces to the pan and toss around unti they start to brown. You may need to add more oil to coat more pieces.