This one is THE ideal lazy throw-together meal you don’t have to think about. Chop up your cauliflower, roast it, boil the pasta and mix it all together. There’s a reason this went viral last year. The olive are optional. I personally love olives but to be honest, just added them for some extra color since everything in this dish (cauliflower, feta and pasta) is white.
I’m going to stress something important here: make sure your pasta is ready when your feta and cauliflower is ready. Once that baking dish comes out of the oven, you need to be stirring everything together quickly. If not, the feta will harden and this dish will not be as creamy. It will still be good, but not as smooth. Also, don’t forget the pasta water to really bring it together.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you decide to make this or any other dish from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Feta + Cauliflower Pasta
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- salt and chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 10 oz medium sized pasta, cooked
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Add your cauliflower florets, olives, garlic, chili pepper flakes, salt and olive oil to a 9×13" baking dish. Toss everything to coat. Make some room in the center to place your feta. Drizzle it with a little more oil and top with chili flakes. Its okay if the florets are over-lapping. Bake for 15 minutes, then bump up the temperature to 425°F. and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While that's roasting, cook your pasta al dente and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water for later.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it ffrom the oven and mix everything IMMEDIATELY out of the oven. Add in your pasta water and pasta and mix to coat it all and get it nice and creamy. Top with basil and serve.