One of my favorite sides that I grew up eating is this spicy, garlic flavored broccoli rabe. It pairs perfectly with fish, chicken, steak or pasta. Not only that, it comes together quickly once you get the greens washed and ready to go.
Every step of this recipe is important but an absolute must for this dish is the olive oil and lemon at the end.
If you decide to make this dish or any other from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the recipe! Thank you and LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Mediterranean Broccoli Rabe
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- lemon slices
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to a boil.
- Trim the stems off of the leaves (about 1-2 inches) and wash the rabe a few times. Once the water is boiling, add in the broccoli rabe and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain the greens in a colander.
- In a large pan, heat your 1 tbs olive oil on medium. Add in the garlic and chili flakes and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli rabe and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove promptly and transfer to your platter. Top with grated parmesan, drizzle with more olive oil and serve with lemon slices.