This is one of the best chicken dishes I’ve ever made. As always, super simple basic recipes are the best. It’s the type of recipe you make when you’re in the mood for takeout but want to clean it up a bit.
You may notice that the marinade and the Topping Sauce are pretty much the same exact recipe except for the rice vinegar. We added the vinegar to the MARINADE ONLY to tenderize the meat. I didn’t enjoy the flavor for the sauce so we left it out. I also definitely recommend the Toasted Sesame Oil for the sauce part – it’s flavor is INCREDIBLE.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would be so grateful if you left a comment and rating on the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
Topping/Sauce to Serve:
Garnish: Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken pieces and transfer to a ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients well and then pour into the bag with the chicken. Place the sealed bag in your fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ or the air fryer to 375℉. Place the chicken on a dish or baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes or air fry for 12 minutes.
- While they're cooking, whisk up all of the Topping/Sauce ingredients in a small glass and taste to see if you need to adjust anything.
- Top the cooked chicken with the sauce and some toasted sesame seeds.