I created this recipe to use especially around the holidays, when I’m entertaining more and wanting something super yummy and different to serve to my guests. This wins everyone over.
My favorite part of this recipe is the roasted lemons. Do not skip this step if you are a lemon lover. It really levels up the overall flavor. I will also recommend you skip the chile pepper if you are adverse to very spicy flavors. By allowing the feta and oil to marinate with the chile you get a VERY spicy dish.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Marinated Feta
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small serrano chile, sliced thin (optional)*
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, fine chop
- 1 tbs fresh mint, fine chop
- 1 tbs fresh oregano, fine chop
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1 block feta, cubed
- Preheat your mini oven to 400°F.
- Brush your lemon slices with a little drizzle of olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, roasted lemon slices, chile (if using), herbs and peppercorns. Gently fold in the feta next and transfer to a large glass jar – if the feta isn't completely submerged – add more olive oil. Seal and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. The longer it sits the better it will taste. REMOVE THE JAR FROM YOUR FRIDGE 1/2 AN HOUR BEFORE YOU WANT TO USE IT TO RETURN TO LIQUID FORM.
- Serve with bread, salad, roasted veggies, pasta or as an appetizer.
- Also, when done with the feta, you can use the leftover oil on your salads.