Unless you’re new here, you most definitely have tried my yogurt marinated Easy Chicken Gyros. Which are outta this world. I basically added onto that recipe with this feta version that really levels up the yumminess of the souvlakia.
The key with yogurt based marinades is that they tenderize the meat for you while they soak in the flavors. The feta also infiltrates the chicken in a wonderful way and adds another layer of deliciousness to this simple dish.
Also key to this recipe is tossing your desired vegetables with the olive oil and seasonings listed below. You don’t have to use bell pepper and red onion, another great alternative is mushrooms and zucchini. A must for this dish is a lot of tzatziki for dipping the souvlaki.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Feta Marinated Chicken Souvlaki
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced into chunks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each dried oregano, salt, paprika
- Tzatziki for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the feta, yogurt, oil, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, paprika and salt. Add the chicken pieces to it and toss to coat. Cover the dish and marinade for 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill, oven or air fryer to 400℉.
- Toss your veggies with the olive oil and seasonings listed.
- Grab your skewers and layer on the vegetable and meat alternating and making the souvlaki look as colorful as possible. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or air fryer for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Internal temperature of chicken should read 165 ℉ or higher.