Best Greek Wings
Make your game day Greek, with these garlicky lemony marinated wings. You have to keep them swimming in the marinade for at least 2 hours. I think I did mine for 4-5 hours. But don’t exceed the 10 hour limit because the tiny wings will be affected by the acid from the lemons.
I also adore this dressing. It really drives home the Greek tavern experience and even provides a tiny spicy kick with the cayenne pepper. Don’t skip it. The last sprinkle of feta is the cherry on the sundae. Another aspect that makes this dish superior to the rest.
Ideally you want to keep the Greek taverna theme going and serve this with a Greek Salad aka Horiatiki. Add some french fries or roasted lemon potatoes too for the ideal Greek meal. Tsatziki can also be used as a dipping sauce.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this or any other dish from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
- 3.5 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested + juiced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse and pat dry your wings.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the Marinade ingredients and then toss with the wings to coat well. Cover and chill in your fridge for at least 2 hour and up to 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and set up two baking sheets, lined with aluminum foil. If you have wire racks use them.. if not its okay.
- Bake your wings for 35 minutes, in one oven – one on the top rack and one on the bottom. Remove trays and flip over the wings. Now swap the trays, top to bottom and vice verse. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Whisk together all of the Dressing ingredients (except the feta). Toss the cooked wings with this dressing. Transfer the wings to your platter and then sprinkle with the feta cheese and serve with Tsatziki.
Definitely a great change of pace from typical buffalo wings! They were crispy and delicious! A great appetizer for football season. Also, be sure to follow Stella’s advice and serve them with tzatziki sauce for dipping
Τα φτιάχνω μια φορά την εβδομάδα!!!
Γεια σου Μαρίνα! Ειμαι χαρουμενη που σου αρεσει η συνταγη!