It’s time to make a savory breakfast muffin that is absolutely ideal with these two soulmates: zucchini and cheese. Your medium zucchini needs to grate down to 2 cups zucchini shreds for these muffins. You don’t need to drain your zucchini shreds of their liquids, they are necessary to be included in the recipe.
You don’t have to use all purpose flour in this muffin. Gluten free flour and oat flour both work as substitutes. Your preferred milk of choice can be used. I have made these with both olive oil and melted butter and they are both delicious alternatives.
This recipe yields about 23 muffins; plenty to horde, share or freeze for later usage.
Feta and Zucchini Muffins
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk of choice
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or butter)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbs fresh chives
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line or spray your muffin trays.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat your eggs. Then whisk in the milk and oil. Pour this mixture into the dry bowl and mix until JUST combined. Fold in the zucchini shreds, feta and mozzarella cheeses and chives.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.