For those times you have a ton of zucchini and need a delicious treat – this is your recipe. Love this one because you only need 6 main ingredients and it all comes together very quickly and simply.
I typically make these for a snack or side dish, but I would definitely have these all day long or serve them as an appetizer during the holidays or football season.
We enjoy these guys alone just as they are and can’t stop eating them. But they would also be great with a nice high protein yogurt dip like my Lazy Tzatziki. These are the ideal pairing.
You can use breadcrumbs or almond flour in this recipe to make it gluten free. Also feel free to sub in any shredded cheese you have on hand in place of the mozzarella.
If you like this recipe you will love the following zucchini appetizers:
- Feta + Zucchini Muffins
- Baked Cheesy Zucchini Stacks
- Low Carb Cheesy Zucchini Skins
- Zucchini Pizza Stacks
- Crunchy Zucchini Pops
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- 1⅕ lbs zucchini, shredded (4 small zucchini)
- 1/2 small sweet onion, small dice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (or almond flour)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 425℉. Grease your 12 muffin slot tray with olive oil or butter. I used a silicone tray and omitted this step.
- Squeeze out all the liquids from your zucchini shreds as best you can. Squeeze well.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini shreds, onion, grated parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Form packed meatballs and press your thumb into the center. Grab a tablespoon amount of the shredded cheese and press it into the center. Grab a little more of the mixture to cover the cheese and form a ball. Press the ball into a muffin slot and again press down to pack it tight into the slot. Repeat. Bake for 17-20m minutes or until the tops are golden brown.