This recipe is too good to be true. Fall off the bone chicken in a delicious lemony sauce. With the perfect accompaniment of creamy potatoes. A no brainer meal you will be so glad you made. It’s all in one pan and no standing over a skillet to cook it.
My family always uses drumsticks or a whole chicken with this recipe but you can absolutely use bone in and skin on just chicken thighs. The result will be the same.
We sometimes add half Gold potatoes and half sweet potatoes to the roasting pan and love it. One of the most important aspects of this dish: do not forget to spoon the sauce at the bottom of pan over your food when you serve. It is the best part of the whole thing.
Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 1.5 lbs Gold potatoes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Pat dry your chicken pieces.
- Peel and slice your potatoes into quarters.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- In a large bowl, toss to coat the chicken and potatoes with the marinade. Pour this into a 13×9” baking dish. Cover with parchment first and then aluminum foil tightly. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and roast for another 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes gets a nice brown crispy exterior. Internal temperate of chicken should read 165 F.
- Do NOT forget to spoon the sauce at the bottom of pan over your food when you serve.