Eat like a Greek with these yummy garlicky lemony roasted potatoes. Another recipe I grew up eating my yiayia and mom made these ALL THE TIME with chicken, veal, or just on their own. I could literally eat the whole tray if left unsupervised.
These are super simple to make, with only a few ingredients you probably have on hand right now. The flavor is super present with the garlic and lemon and oregano.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Lemonates)
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- fresh oregano to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Transfer your potato chunks to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Toss them with the olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste to coat. Spread in a even layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour in the broth. Toss all to coat, spread out and roast again for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add in the lemon juice, toss to coat and roast again for 30-35 minutes or until fork tender. Broil for a few minutes to get the golden brown edges. Top with fresh oregano to serve.