This is a chicken dish my mother made on the regular when I was growing up. The honey mustard flavors were very popular with my family and the meat just fell off the bone!
You can use honey or maple syrup in this recipe. I used yellow mustard but dijon is great here too. I would just halve it since Dijon is much more potent in flavor.
I served this with roasted cauliflower but you can use basmati rice or mashed potatoes to soak up all those yummy juices and pan drippings. If you like this dish then you will love my Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe too!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Greek Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1½ lbs bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1½ lbs skin on chicken legs
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp each paprika + dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken pieces. Add them to a 9×13 inch baking dish along with the onion and garlic. Add in 3/4 of the sauce and toss all to coat. Make sure all the chicken is laying flat on the bottom of the baking dish (the onion and garlic can be on the top if needed). Brush the remaining marinade on the tops of the chicken pieces. You can cover and marinade or tightly cover with aluminum foil and bake right away. Roast for 45 minutes covered then remove the cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Throw on the broiler for 2 minutes to get a nice golden color if necessary. Serve chicken with pan juices and enjoy!