One of my favorite quick prep salads because, of course, no lettuce to rinse and dry! Plus, I am a major fan of tzatziki and this tastes just like bathing your salad ingredients in it. I served this with my crispy skillet turkey burgers and it was perfect. Next time I will add some Kalamata olives to the mix.
My mom has shown me so many tips and tricks on how to prep foods the Greek way! This is one of her tricks to create a creamy salad without the mayonnaise. You literally cannot tell its missing. You can also customize this to whatever you have on hand in your fridge with carrots, jalapeños, corn, etc.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Greek Yogurt Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber, peeled + sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, seeded + sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 7 oz. container Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- If you're making this ahead of time, salt the cucumber slices and wait 20 minutes for them to sweat out their liquids and then rinse them with water and pat dry with paper towel. I skipped this step because we ate the salad right away.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss all to coat. Serve right away or place in the refrigerator to chill.